Thursday 19 September 2019


I WISH I HAD A DISABILITY

I wish I had a disability, a disability in discriminating those that
society deems as disabled.
Words are deeper than the letters that make them,
Words become worse if you break them; down into segments we
sometimes call statements. They say through words we get
connected,
but they forget that sometimes through words we may be
disconnected.
Society causes anxiety in many innocent souls out there; using
Stigmatory words like ‘the blind, the deaf, and the crippled’…
Not knowing it is actually their souls that we cripple,
each time we mention these soul-crippling words which make our
brothers and sisters’ situation seem worse,
yet
Nobody is ABLE to DISABLE that which the CREATOR has
ENABLED.
Time and time again, we make them believe that God made them to
be incomplete, and we let it sink in their
Hearts
that for every missing part in their lives,
they have God to blame,
As we persistently call them lame,
…not knowing that it is actually our attitude that
Makes things remain the same.
It is a shame
to God, each time we give
His masterpiece an ugly shape, painting black the glorious image of
God as we utter the kind of words which are not kind to humankind,
and that is why
I wish I had a disability, a disability in discriminating those that
society deems as disabled.
It is a pity people judge by physical appearance
but they fail to look beyond what meets the eye,
 because there is a difference
between the eye that looks and the eye that sees…
If only we could cease
 to
Judge and let God be the judge,
just let Him be in charge
so He can
handicap
Each and every single hand holding a grudge
against The One
who’s in charge
For all that we are.
See, sometimes I wish I had a disability, a disability in
discriminating those that society deems as disabled.
Sometimes I wish I was handicapped, handicapped from holding
Grudges against others.
Sometimes I wish I was lame so my feet would not take me to
places
My conscience hates.
Sometimes I wish I was deaf so my ears could not hear the
intoxicating
Words that pollute our minds and poison our souls.
Sometimes I wish I was blind so my eyes could not be blinded by
the
Enticing things that the world presents before our eyes to sabotage
Our future…yes ! sometimes,
I just wish I had a disability.
How I pray that we all realize our own personal disabilities before
we start labelling others; and the greatest disability of humankind is
the failure to do what is right when everybody else is wrong.
And as a matter of fact, nobody is disabled…it is just that OUR
ABILITIES ARE NOT THE SAME!!








Copyright  ©   2019                      Ntokozo Mdluli

No comments:

Post a Comment